Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A touchy subject


Budgets: we all have them. They are a much talked about subject not only in the wedding industry, but in life, and at times can be a bit difficult to make ends meet. More often than not, budgets aren't ideally where we would want them to be in life and for weddings. It is therefore so important when planning an event for both the clients and vendors to find the right fit. 
I wish I could make every bride-to-be's Pinterest dream wedding come true but most of the inspiration images I get are far out of reach of the average wedding budget. These are weddings that are featured on blogs as the best of the best and their floral budgets alone may be half of what some couples' entire wedding costs are. I have had a significant struggle with wishing I could accommodate all the dreams and wishes of each and every client, and honestly, I've had a bad habit of sacrificing my own sanity and paycheck to make dreams come true. 
Finding a happy ground where budget meets inspiration is an ongoing challenge, but devaluing my work and passion is not going to cut it any longer.
Today I read a great blog post discussing realistic budgets vs. inspiration images and expectations written by Nancy Liu Chin. She does an excellent job of breaking down where and how all of the money is spent on floral design and decor. I encourage every bride-to-be or fellow wedding vendor to read it in it's entirety. 
You can click here for the post. And while I'm at it here is a little pie chart from Every Last Detail that is great visual aid.
delightfully yours,
Rochelle Leigh Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment